Politics 'Please Come And Lead Us'- PDP Chairman,Senate President,Former Ogun Governor Beg Obasanjo

A

abujagirl

National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Adamu Mu'azu , Senate President David and former Governor of Ogun state, Chief Gbenga Daniel, on Wednesday in Abuja begged former President Olusegun Obasanjo to forgive them for the wrongs committed against him.

The trio made the appeal at the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National headquarters, during Daniel's formal return to the party.

Daniel, who was received by the PDP National Chairman, Alhaji Adamu Mu`azu and Senate President David Mark, was a two-term governor on PDP ticket before he left the party for the opposition.

"On this day, I return to my base, the PDP, where I rightly belong", Daniel said.

The Senate president expressed the hope that the return of Daniel and Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State would ensure the defection of other South West political stakeholders to the PDP.

"I believe that with your home coming, the PDP is assured of victory in Ogun and the South West,’’ he said.

Mark, however, advised members to persevere and remain in the party even if their political aspirations were not immediately met.

In his response, Mu`azu, the PDP National Chairman, commended the former Ogun governor for openly appealing to former President Obasanjo for forgiveness.

He also joined the former governor in appealing to former President Obasanjo to particularly forgive the PDP if the party had offended him in any way.

"I want to join Governor Daniel to appeal to our Baba, President Olusegun Obasonjo, to forgive us. We are your children and we have been making mistakes; we had made mistakes and so we apologise.

"Please Baba, we apologise, come and lead us, even the president is waiting for you to come and lead us; you are our leader, we appreciate you, we thank you for your leadership and your courage,’’ he said.

Mu`azu, however, said that power and glory belonged to God who made all decisions.

He said that Ogun was a PDP state, adding that there was no reason the party would not reclaim the state in 2015.

He said that the party, under his leadership, would ensue a level playing ground for all party members, adding that equity and justice would also be ensured in the party.

He added that President Goodluck Jonathan and the PDP were committed to ensuring that the needed assistance was given for the victory of the party in 2015 general elections.

#Mimiko #Ogun #Ondo #Mu'azu #DavidMark #Obasanjo #Daniel #PDP

obj.jpg

Back