Metro Please give me food; felon begs magistrate

A

abujagirl

images

Yesterday, Tunde Balogun (21), who was arraigned before a magistrate court in Yaba ,Lagos on a two count felony charge asked the Presiding Magistrate to give him food instead of pleading to the charges.

Tunde reportedly brought out some drugs from his pocket as he cried to the magistrate: “Please Ma, I have been on these drugs since Saturday. I am not feeling okay. I have not had anything to eat since morning. Please Ma, if you can help me; just give me something so that I can swallow these drugs.”

This prompted the magistrate to halt the session for some minutes to ascertain the health condition of the accused from the Prosecuting Officer who brought him to court. It was then revealed that it was a diversionary strategy to stall court session.

The accused is a son of a retired court official. According to a witness is unrepentant and a pain to his father.

When asked reasons for misbehaving during the hearing, the accused claimed he was ignorant of the charges filed against him.

Just like the son of a pastor engaging in fornication, he feels he is not bound by the law and takes serious matters with levity. He should be jailed for a brief while to learn some needed lessons.

No judgement has been passed on the case, the law would definitely run it's course.

You're talking as if you're not in Nigeria......I hope fair judgement prevails sha

I still believe in the Nigerian legal system especially when the accused is a poor

Back