Podolski happy Arsenal wants to sign Suarez

C

Chris Maduewesi

Arsenal forward,Lukas Podolski,has welcomed the club’s pursuit of Liverpool player,Luis Suarez,as they look to bolster their squad for the coming season.
The Gunners tried to activate the buy-out clause of Suarez,offering an unusual bid of £40,000,001 to trigger a move for the Uruguayan player on Wednesday,but Liverpool swiftly turned down the approach.
“[Suarez] is a big player,” Podolski told reporters. “He’s scored a lot of goals so he’s a big striker but it’s not my decision to speak about this, it’s a decision for the coach. I don’t know what will happen in the next weeks.”
“I’m happy when players come in. I want to play with the best players in the world but I’m not scared about big names because it helps the team and it helps me to help the team when we play together.”
“The coach has his system and we will see what will happen in the next few weeks.”
“At every big club you have competition, particularly at a club of the size of Arsenal. When all of the players are fit and we don’t have injuries there is big competition. Every player wants to play football and nobody wants to sit on the bench.”
There are reports that Suarez would demand to be allowed to speak to Arsenal,this week,having offered more than 40million,a clause he believes that he is entitled to.

Continue reading...

Back