Sports Podolski Joins Galatasaray On A Permanent Deal

German international, Lukas Podolski has revealed that he left Arsenal because coach Arsene Wenger has no plans for him in the coming season.
podolski.jpg

Podolski, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Inter Milan has moved to Galatasaray on a permanent deal this summer.

Podolski is excited about his future in Istanbul and says he is delighted to have joined a club of the Turkish champions' reputation.

"After good and open talks with Arsene Wenger I came to the conclusion that a change was the right decision," he told Sport Bild.

"Galatasaray have tried very hard to get me for five years and in the end, the whole package fitted.

"The league is not at the level of the Premier League or the Bundesliga. But Galatasaray are a permanent feature in the Champions League and have stars such as Wesley Sneijder, who are world-renowned.

"Istanbul is a world metropolis and Galatasaray have a very good name in world football."

Podolski also revealed that he plans to have a third and final stint at hometown club Koln before he hangs up his boots.

"When I have fulfilled my contract with Galatasaray completely, I'll be 34 years old," he added.

"Every career will eventually come to an end, even mine. Still, I can well imagine that I will go on to Koln." Goal

Back