Politics Police Bars Governor Ameachi from Entering Government House

A

abujagirl

Police-Amaechi.jpg

Amaechi at the private gate

According to Sahara Reporters, police officers in Port Harcourt have prevented the convoy of the Rivers State governor, Rotimi Amaechi from using one of the two entrances to the government house this evening.

The governor's convoy was stopped as it made its way through the Fortes road entrance to the governor's lodge by four truck loads of policemen led by several senior officers.

An argument ensued between the policemen and the governor's aides as they claimed they were acting on orders from above.

The governor later came down to speak with the police officers who promised to extract a reversal of the order from their superiors in Abuja.

The governor's convoy had to wait for 45 minutes before finally detouring to take the Azikiwe road entrance to the government house.

However, the Police Publc Relations Officer, DSP. Angela Agabe, told National Mirror, that there was no way the policemen on duty at the spot could have deliberately blocked the state governor from accessing the Government House.

"It is not true that the police prevented the governor from accessing the road. What happened was that the police had dispersed some people who had earlier tried to open the offices of a parallel PDP in front of the GRA Police station. There is no way they could have deliberately prevented the governor from passing the road. It must have been a misunderstanding. If the policemen had known that the Governor was in the convoy, he would have been allowed easy passage “, Agabe said.

Attachments

• upload_2013-9-12_21-30-43.png
    upload_2013-9-12_21-30-43.png
    70 KB · Views: 11
Is this all worth it... a bit petty but then again maybe they understand each other.
It is good to be at the top of the food chain. How does a governor treat the LG Chairman or the deputy?

What do I know, I am only a frog and not at the top of the food chain

For better analysis of this report, I choose to play ignorant of the existing feud between Amaechi and the Presidency.

According to DSP Agabe, there is no way the police would have known that the Governor was in the convey and not allow passage.

Even a child in Nigeria can tell when a government official is in a convoy, how much more when a sitting governor is coming - the arrangement of the convoy is a clue to this fact.

So as not to be bias, I guess the policemen were very busy dispersing people and did not notice this.

The security attached to the governor and his aides would definitely come down and try and resolve the issue (as also stated in the report). But surprisingly none of these two made mention that the governor was in the convoy - guessing they were arguing about a football match.

Knowing our politicians with their pride, Amaechi would be curious to know what the fracas was all about. Notwithstanding his knowledge of the presidency plans to humiliate him at any given opportunity - my apologies for referring to the feud.

I'll also assume the convoy did not wait for 45minutes because if I did, for surety, the governor would definitely come out to investigate.

In order to prevent rubbishing the name of the Nigerian police (I seriously don't think there's much left to rubbish), the IG should remove his hands from any political war arising in the country.

For better analysis of this report, I choose to play ignorant of the existing feud between Amaechi and the Presidency.

According to DSP Agabe, there is no way the police would have known that the Governor was in the convey and not allow passage.

Even a child in Nigeria can tell when a government official is in a convoy, how much more when a sitting governor is coming - the arrangement of the convoy is a clue to this fact.

So as not to be bias, I guess the policemen were very busy dispersing people and did not notice this.

The security attached to the governor and his aides would definitely come down and try and resolve the issue (as also stated in the report). But surprisingly none of these two made mention that the governor was in the convoy - guessing they were arguing about a football match.

Knowing our politicians with their pride, Amaechi would be curious to know what the fracas was all about. Notwithstanding his knowledge of the presidency plans to humiliate him at any given opportunity - my apologies for referring to the feud.

I'll also assume the convoy did not wait for 45minutes because if I did, for surety, the governor would definitely come out to investigate.

In order to prevent rubbishing the name of the Nigerian police (I seriously don't think there's much left to rubbish), the IG should remove his hands from any political war arising in the country.

Back