Metro Policeman Goes On Shooting Rampage In Burial Ceremony, Kills One

M

mrsam

A mobile police officer has allegedly shot dead a 34-year old man, Fred Igueriede, at a burial ceremony in Delta State, Punch reports

It was gathered that the deaceased, who has two children, was shot while trying to greet his former employer, Chief Johnny Aribogba. The killer police officer was one of Arigogha's security details

Two other people in the crowd were said to have sustained gunshot injuries as other policemen at the ceremony fired continuously in the confusion that trailed the incident.

A source told PUNCH Metro that the late Igueriede, who was invited to the burial by one Mr. Joe Akugbowe, was confirmed dead by doctors at the Olomoro General Hospital.

The family of the deceased confirmed his death to newsmen in Warri, Delta state capital.

The elder brother of the deceased, Mr. Governor Ogbon, accused Aribogha and Akugbowe of masterminding the murder of his brother.

Ogbon said, “The deceased was married with two kids. On August 19, 2017, he was invited for a burial at Emede town by one Mr. Joe Akugbowe, whose mother-in-law died.

“Incidentally, my brother worked for one Chief Johnny Aribogha, who was also invited for the burial by Akugbowe. Akugbowe is Chief Aribogha’s tenant.

“When my brother saw his former boss at the burial, he went in his direction to greet him.

“As he was approaching him, one of the riot policemen attached to the chief opened fire on my brother. My brother was hit in the stomach and he died on the spot.

“Two other persons, a man and a woman, were also shot. We suspect foul play in the way my brother was killed.

“Up till this moment, we have not heard from Chief Aribogha and his friend (Akugbowe), to know what actually killed my brother.”

Ogbon called on the Inspector-General of Police and the Delta State Commissioner of Police to go after all those culpable in the killing and ensure that they were arrested and prosecuted.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 22
  • polica.jpg
    polica.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 25
Back