Politics President Buhari's ‘Change Begins with Me’ Campaign Is a 'Stolen' Idea

P

ProfRem

An allegation that the ‘Change Begins with Me’ campaign of the President Muhammadu Buhari's administration was a stolen concept,
PremiumTimes reports.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, is facing an allegation that he adapted the ‘Change Begins with Me’ from another public service campaign after its creators pitched the idea to him late last year and he declined interest.

Associates said Akin Fadeyi, a creative artist and former head of communications at Airtel Nigeria, met with Mr. Mohammed in December 2015 to intimate him about ‘Not In My Country,’ an episodic narrative that deploys humour to underscore societal ills and appeal to Nigerians to shun sharp practices.

ChangeBB.JPG

Premium Times learnt that Mr. Fadeyi met with Mr. Mohammed at his Isaac John Street, Ikeja, Lagos, home to demonstrate the role his project could play in advancing the Buhari administration’s change mantra.

“The idea was to appeal to the minister to get NTA and Radio Nigeria to play ‘Not In My Country’ as part of their administration’s campaign against corruption,” one of Mr. Fadeyi’s associates said.

At the time, Mr. Mohammed was the supervising minister overseeing all government-run media outlets until directors-general were appointed in May 2016.

Although Fadeyi declined repeated requests for comment but the associate, who said he’d been friends with Fadeyi for many years, told PremiumTimes that the Minister rejected the proposal from his friend and his partners after holding meetings with them and getting them to effect some changes in areas where he deemed imperfect.

Back