Politics President Buhari's 2 Ministers In Cold War Over Appointments

P

ProfRem

President Muhammadu Buhari's minister of education, Mallam Adamu Adamu and the Minister of State for Education, Professor Anthony Anwuka are currently engaged in cold war over agencies and parastatals appointments.

According to NewTelegraph, the two ministers had not been in good terms since the announcement of the removal of 17 Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) of parastatals, agencies and commissions under the Ministry of Education.

It was revealed that Adamu, a confidant of President Muhammadu Buhari, had made recommendations to the president on the appointment of new CEOs to replace those sacked without the input of his colleague, Anwuka, who is a former vice chancellor and a nominee of Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State in the cabinet.

A source within the Ministry of Education alleged that Adamu might have been running a one man show at the ministry.

adamuBuhari.JPG

The cold war brewing between them played out yesterday when Adamu denied knowledge of the recent increment in the school fees of Federal Government Colleges also known as Unity Schools recently announced by the office of the Minister of State for Education, Anwukah.

Adamu gave the shocking revelation, in a chat with newsmen at the sidelines of the National Education Quality Assurance Handbook’s launch, said the news of the increment from N20,000 to N75,000 was strange to him.

“I am not aware that the Unity School fees have been increased. As the Minister of Education, I am not aware, but I will try and find out,” he said.

Read more - NewTelegraph

Back