Politics President Jonathan Blames Critics for Shoddy Privatisation Programme

A

abujagirl

upload_2013-9-24_10-34-7.png

While addressing Nigerian professionals in New York, United States, on Monday , President Goodluck Jonathan berated his opponents, particularly those who handled the past privatization exercise, saying “In the country’s past privatization, we know what happened there and yet those who sat over the exercise are the same people who are opening their mouths wide to attack this administration".

According to PUNCH,President Jonathan said the privatization of public utilities by his administration was being done in a transparent manner.

The President said that so far $3bn had been realized without any form of corruption compared to the privatization that took place in the past.

Responding to the Presidents criticism, former minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai who is now a strong opponent of the president but was involved in the privatization deals said ,
“President Jonathan is dealing in innuendo as is the tradition of his government. He should make specific allegations against specific persons since he claims to know what went on in the previous privatization regime".

“We are all witnesses to how rules have been bent in the ongoing power privatization in favor of investors with close ties to government. This government does not understand transparency, and is in no position to practice it".

War of words. What we, Nigerians want are results. We don't care if the privatization was shody or unscrupulous. All we want are good, available and affordable services. Whoever can make that happen wins.

I noticed what El-Rufai has noted as well. Jonathan is always speaking innuendos. "If I say this, some people will now say...", "I don't want to talk because the people responsible for this are on my cabinet...", "the people responsible for Boko Haram are in the FG..." etc...

SMH.

I noticed what El-Rufai has noted as well. Jonathan is always speaking innuendos. "If I say this, some people will now say...", "I don't want to talk because the people responsible for this are on my cabinet...", "the people responsible for Boko Haram are in the FG..." etc...

SMH.
The guy is really clueless.

Back