Politics President Jonathan, CBN Governor Reconcile

A

abujagirl

Barely 24 hours after after news of the dispute between President Goodluck Jonathan and the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, went viral, DAILY TRUST is claiming that the duo have resolved their differences.

Prominent and very influential Nigerians who were concerned about the cost of such a dispute allegedly reached out to both parties last night convincing President Jonathan to let the CBN Governor finish his tenure. Both parties have agreed to work together for financial stability in the remaining period to the end of Sanusi’s tenure on June 1.

When contacted on the reconciliation claims, the CBN Governor said, "Sometimes these things happen but are resolved quickly and I have the highest respect for the office of Mr President. I look forward to a smooth hand over and the President and I will work together to ensure that whoever he appoints to succeed me inherits the robust system we have worked to ensure in the last few years.

The Presidency is yet to issue a comment. Whether on not the acclaimed truce is a publicity stunt, only time will tell.

Jonathan-and-Sanusi-360x225.jpg

Back