Politics President Jonathan Picks Up PDP Presidential Form

A

abujagirl

President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday picked up his nomination and expression of interest form at the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP National secretariat in Abuja.

Picking up the form, President Jonathan assured Nigerians that he would continue to work with them to move the country forward.

He called on Nigerians to give him their support saying, "You alone cannot change the society. For you to succeed, you work with people; so if you are succeeding that means we have a team that is working to transform this country. So I will work with all Nigerians to make sure that we move our country to the next level,’’ the president said.

He stressed that the days of saying that Nigeria was a potential great country was over, adding that, "Nigeria is a great country’’.

This, he said, was demonstrated in the way the country collectively handled the Ebola case with the whole world being happy with Nigeria.

President Jonathan, however, added that it was time for all hands to be on deck to move the country to the desired level in the years to come.

He thanked Nigerians generally and reassured that his administration would not let the people down.

The president also expressed gratitude to the PDP leadership for giving him the right of first refusal.

"First let me thank God for today and Nigerians that are here today for this brief ceremony. Let me thank the leadership and all members of our party for believing in me and for giving me the right of first refusal.

"I could have still picked the forms if they did not give me, but giving me the right of first refusal has attracted more people that ordinarily it would have had,’’ the president said.

He specifically thanked the PDP national chairman and members of the party`s National Executive Committee (NEC) for unanimously endorsing the decision of its other organs that adopted him as the party`s sole candidate for the 2015 presidential election.

The president also thanked the PDP Governors Forum for providing the N22 million for purchasing the nomination and expression of interest forms for the election.

He further thanked members of the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN) and other Nigerians for their contributions towards the purchase of the forms.

"I remain most grateful for their gesture and I thank them for believing first in this country, secondly for believing in the PDP because they know that this form is for the PDP ticket and lastly, for believing in me,’’ he said.

#PDP #GoodluckJonathan

President Jonathan Picks Form.jpg

Back