Metro Quit Notice: I Am Totally Disappointed With What Is Happening – Sultan

P

ProfRem

The Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Sa'ad Abubakar has said that he is totally disappointed over what is bedeviling the nation even as he maintained that no matter what was happening Nigerians would remain one big family.

He stated this while hosting leaders of resident communities, heads of security agencies, civil society groups and media practitioners to a Ramadan break fast dinner at his palace.

"Let's sit down, discuss these issues. So that together we can find out what really went wrong. Let us retrace our step and see where we started getting things wrong so that we can find the way of sorting things out. It is a simple thing because we are all eager to live in peace, united and to have a morally upright country based on justice, equity and above all fear of God," he stated.

The royal father said: "I am totally disappointed over what is happening. I like challenges and we are in a challenging period and we will take it up. We will continue preaching love, impartiality, respect and unity in the country."

He urged Nigerians to shun suspicion and respect one another,pointing out that suspicion always breeds enmity and disunity.

The Sultan called on elders to caution their youth.

Sultan Of Sokoto.JPG

"If you see your son misbehaving and decides to keep quite it means you are supporting him because no father want to see his son going astray without doing anything," he stated.

He admitted that "we are in a challenging time" but stressed that violent had never solved any problem in the world.

The Sultan called on those who felt short changed or maginalized to also look at other people.

Back