World Rapist Hangs Self After Being Jailed for 1,000 years

L

LequteMan

ariel castro.jpg

Ariel Castro held three women against their will for nearly a decade in his home in Cleveland, keeping them as sex slaves and brutally murdered a foetus one of them had for him. He was nabbed some months ago and was sentenced to a thousand years in jail.

His trial generated a lot of fanfare and publicity.

However yesterday, Tuesday, the 53-year old was found hanging in his cell around 9:20 p.m. at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient, located south of Columbus in central Ohio, JoEllen Smith, Department of Rehabilitation and Correction spokeswoman, said early Wednesday.

Prison medical staff performed CPR before Castro was transported to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead around 10:50 p.m

He was in protective custody because of the notoriety of his case, meaning he was checked every 30 minutes, but was not on suicide watch, Smith said. She said suicide watch entails constant observation.Castro was also watched closely in Cuyahoga County Jail in the several weeks after his arrest and before his case was resolved by a guilty plea, with logs noting his activity every 10 minutes. He was taken off county jail suicide watch in early June after authorities determined he was not a suicide risk.

Some of the convict's relatives were distraught about the news.

His cousin, Maria Casto was distraught at the news and thought maybe this was the best outcome for both Ariel and his victims.

“ Maybe this was for the best. I don't think they were ever going to find peace with him alive." She said.

Hey. I read the news item about the abductor dude who trapped some girls for ten years. So this is the guy?

Genius _____O_

Why did he have to kill himself? Why do the good die young?

Hey. I read the news item about the abductor dude who trapped some girls for ten years. So this is the guy?

Genius _____O_

Why did he have to kill himself? Why do the good die young?
Yeah, this is he.
He was sentenced for a thousand years....I guess he got depressed and decided to take the easy way out, for everybody :D

Back