Sports READ: Mourinho's Comments After Chelsea's 2 - 1 Loss to Leicester City

L

LequteMan

Chelsea's woes in the Premier League continued yesterday night after they were beaten 2 -1 by Leicester City.

Jamie Vardy opened the scoring with a tap in from close range in the first half before Mahrez doubled Leicester's league 3 minutes into the second half. Chelsea replied later on after Loic Remy connected with a Pedro cross but Leicester held on to the victory.

With the result Leicester moves back to the top of the table while Chelsea languishes in the 16th position, 1 point above the relegation zone.

Here's what Chelsea's Manager Jose Mourinho has to say at the end of the match:

"One of my best qualities is to read the game for my players and I feel like my work was betrayed," said Portuguese boss Mourinho.

"One possibility is that I did an amazing job last season and brought the players to a level that is not their level and now they can't maintain it."

"I accept we are in the relegation zone but I don't accept we are in a relegation battle," said Mourinho.

"You look at the table and we are there but you think you are in a relegation battle if you think you are there for three or four months. I don't think that.

"To turn things around, I know only one way - working at the top level.

"Day by day in training I have no complaints with [players]. But is it frustrating to see what they are doing in training and what they do in matches."

Asked whether the Champions League spots were out of reach, he said: "We can't finish top four, but we can still finish top six because so many teams are dropping points. At the moment we are in a zone where I feel ashamed."

"The last question is always the same. The only thing I can say is that I want to be the manager," he added. "I have no doubts and I think you know me well enough to know that I am not afraid of a big challenge and in this moment it is a really big challenge.

"I want to stay and I hope Mr Roman Abramovich and the board want me to stay because I want to stay."

Attachments

• mourinhho.jpg
    mourinhho.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 19
Back