Sports Read Why Kenneth Omeruo's Return To Chelsea May Be Sooner

Super Eagles defender, Kenneth Omeruo, has hinted that he still nurses the ambition of playing in the English topflight.

The 22-year old central defender is currently on loan at at Turkish Super League team Kasimpasa, has never featured for his parent club, Chelsea, and has expressed confidence in making that happen someday.

"I still want to play in the England Premier League.I played in the English Championship on loan at Middlesbrough.But the Premier League is a very different level,” said the 22-year-old central defender, who won the AFCON with Nigeria three years ago.

“I believe in myself.I am looking forward to getting my chance at Chelsea. For the club to sign me, it means they saw something in me.I'm not desperate, but I trust myself."

The Nigerian international joined the London club in 2013 after putting up a stellar performance at the FIFA U20 World Cup in Colombia, but he has since played on loan at Dutch club ADO Den Haag, Middlesbrough and now Kasimpasa.

Kasimpasa have an option to sign the Nigeria star permanently at the end of the season. Africanfootball

Kenneth-Omeruo.jpg

Back