Sports Read: Zidane’s Comment After Real Madrid’s Champions League Victory

kemi

Social Member
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane declared winning the Champions League as great an achievement as lifting the World Cup.

zidane.jpg

Real claimed their 11th European Cup with a 5-3 victory on penalties at the San Siro, Cristiano Ronaldo scoring the decisive spot-kick after the match had finished 1-1 after extra-time.

Zidane, who only took over from sacked Rafael Benitez in January, has now won the Champions League as both a player and manager for the club and said Saturday's triumph ranked alongside his very finest.

At the end getting the Champions League is the best along with winning the World Cup," said the Frenchman, a world champion in 1998.

"After all the work we did I am very proud, it has been a phenomenal job. I'm happy because I've been part of this great club for a long time now. I feel really very proud."

Zidane took over with the club in difficulties but managed to finish the season on a high after domestic disappointment, although questions still remain about his long-term future at the Bernabeu

Back