Real Madrid finally signs Bale for a world record £85million

After much haggling and delays in holding out for a deal,Gareth Bale has finally secured a move to Spanish giants,Real Madrid agreeing a six-year deal with the club.
The transfer of Bale was the subject of discourse all summer,with Tottenham very reluctant to sell their star player.
But on Sunday the English Premier League side agreed a staggering £85million,for the Welsh man,making him the world’s most expensive signing.
The fee Madrid will pay Spurs for Bale,surpasses the £80million they coughed out for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009 to Manchester United.
Speaking on his move to Madrid,Bale said: “I have had six very happy years at Tottenham but it’s the right time to say goodbye.Tottenham will always be in my heart.”
”I’m sure that this season will be a successful one for Tottenham. I am now looking forward to the next exciting chapter in my life”
Spurs chairman,Daniel Levy,renowned for his negotiating prowess,said that they never intended to sell the player but that he was bent on leaving.
“Gareth was a player we had absolutely no intention of selling as we look to build for the future,” Levy said.
“Such has been the attention from Real Madrid and so great is Gareth’s desire to join them, that we have taken the view that…”
“The player will not be sufficiently committed to our campaign in the current season,” he added.
Bale’s move is expected to trigger a chain reaction,that will result in the movement of certain players out of Madrid.
Bale will reportedly earn deal around £300,000 a week before tax.
Is Bale really worth that transfer record fee?

Continue reading...

Back