Politics Restore Saraki’s Security – Kwara Assembly to IGP

A

abujagirl

upload_2013-9-11_10-7-13.png

The Kwara State House of Assembly on Tuesday called on the Inspector General of Police and Director-General of the State Security Service (SSS) to restore the security personnel withdrawn from Senator Bukola Saraki.

According to DAILY TIMES, the House's resolution followed a motion by the Majority Leader of the House, Alhaji AbdulGaniyu AbdulKareem on Tuesday.

The motion, was supported by the majority of the members,who said the provision of security details to the former governor was in line with the 1999 Constitution(as amended) and the state's Pension Law 2010.

Seconding the motion, Malam Kamaldeen Fagbemi representing Oke-Ogun Constituency said the withdrawal of the security details of the Senator and former Governor was contrary to the Constitution.

"The withdrawal is illegal, uncalled for and a calculated attempt to endanger the life of the Senator," he said.

The Speaker, Alhaji AbdulRazak Atunwa, later told newsmen that he was ready to relinquish his security details to Sen. Bukola Saraki by Friday if the latter's security details were not returned.

“I as Speaker have notified the Kwara State Police Commissioner that by Friday I will relinquish my security details to Dr. Bukola Saraki until such time that security details of Saraki are restored.

“If the Nigeria Police do not deem it fit to protect the two-term Governor and Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, then it is duplicitous to seek to protect a Speaker of the state Assembly,” he argued.

Back