Politics Revealed: The All-Powerful Oil Thieves - ThisDay

Vunderkind

Social Member
(Update: The original article has been taken down by #ThisDay)

Former Bayelsa State Governor, Chief Diepreye Solomon Alamieyeseigha, last week, added his voice to the growing belief that what is described as oil theft in the Niger Delta is no more than an organised crime by some well-placed Nigerians. Testifying before members of the National Conference Committee on Public Finance and Revenue, Alamieyeseigha made disclosures of how when he was governor of Bayelsa State, some oil thieves were allowed to go scot- free because of high level conspiracy between the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and state officials in Abuja.

Alamieyeiseigha who gave details to indicate that he indeed knows a lot about what has become the biggest economic crime in our nation today fell short of actually naming those involved in the crime. “I had one experience. Tankers were loaded in Bayelsa. I got the information and laid ambush for them and arrested them. About 14 big tankers and they were handed over to the police. They were charged to court and the judge ordered that the product should be tested to be sure if they were crude oil. NNPC was invited, they came, took the sample and after a week the result came out as agro chemical and before I know it, all of them had been released”, said Alamieyeseigha

Click here to read more

Source: #ThisDay

Attachments

• alams.jpg
    alams.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:
Back