Sports Rio Olympics: Samson Siasia Reacts to U-23 Planned Boycott of Denmark Game

kemi

Social Member
Head coach of Nigeria’s U-23 team, Samson Siasia, has said that he is in full support of his players’ plan to boycott their quarter-final clash against Denmark on Saturday, because of unpaid allowances.

mikel siasia.PNG

Siasia lashed out at the “disrespectful” authorities and says he will stand by his squad’s decision.

“We have been disrespected from all angles – the sports ministry, the Nigeria Football Federation. Is that how you will treat your own children? We are not street kids,” Siasia told Brila FM sports radio Friday morning.

“We have only been paid allowances for 11 days. There is no match bonus. What of all the months we have been training in Nigeria and Atlanta? That’s not fair.

“I have not received my salary for the past five months.

“Everything is upside down and the boys don’t want to play anymore. Whatever they want to do, I’m with them. They are right for fighting for their rights.”

Siasia continued: “The country already has a bad image, but through football it has got some good image, but still they won’t let us play.

Back