Politics Rivers 2015: Julius Agwu Says His Governorship Aspiration Is No Joke

A

abujagirl

Popular comedian, Julius Agwu has reiterated his commitment towards contesting for the Rivers state Governorship seat come 2015.

According to THE SUN, speaking during his annual comedy show, Crack Ya Ribs , Agwu said, his ambition to run for the governorship of Rivers State is not a joke.

"My ambition to be a governor is born out of the need for the youths to have a say in governance. As you already know, today is The Declaration. I am officially telling the world that Julius Agwu is running for governorship in Rivers State in 2015".

The theme for Agwu's crack your ribs last Sunday was "The Declaration". So far, it is unclear how serious the ace comedian is about his governorship aspiration.

#JuliusAgwu #CrackYaRibs #Rivers

julius agwu.jpg

LOL. Julius Agwu has been a comedian for as long as I can remember. It would be very easy for people to dismiss him with a simple 'I don't want a clown for a governor.'

I'm not saying he can't win. I'm just saying his work is cut out for him.

LOL. Julius Agwu has been a comedian for as long as I can remember. It would be very easy for people to dismiss him with a simple 'I don't want a clown for a governor.'

I'm not saying he can't win. I'm just saying his work is cut out for him.

I think the more the merrier. He cannot be any worse than the others. He is an experienced business man - his business is entertainment.

But as every gambler knowns, the house always wins. The system might always win in Nigeria.

He wants to be taken serious while cracking a joke?

Mr. Awgu should continue to do what he's good at doing. Let the banana seller sell her bananas and the hunters hunt for games.

He wants to be taken serious while cracking a joke?

Mr. Awgu should continue to do what he's good at doing. Let the banana seller sell her bananas and the hunters hunt for games.
and the doctors say in the hospital, the lawyers focus on legal matters.... that argument does not hold sir. He has as much to offer as any of the others.

and the doctors say in the hospital, the lawyers focus on legal matters.... that argument does not hold sir. He has as much to offer as any of the others.
Julius Agwu is a Nigerian but then his political history is as rich as the number of honest and well-meaning politicians we have in Nigeria today. He should however, not be written off as a failure as nothing is ever certain in this part of the world. What the electorates should look out for are the things Julius has done in the last 10 years and of course what he has not done. Politics and comedy are as compatible as Black ink and a white shirt but I trust Mr. Julius must understand that the lives of men, women and children is not something to joke about except you have a gun and roll with the Boko gang. it will be interesting to see how far Julius is willing to take this... *Fade-Out*

Okay, he has a lot to offer. But how many people would want to vote him in as gov with his reputation of being a joker?

He should stick with cracking people's ribs.

Back