Politics Rivers Crisis: Dynamites Thrown at Obio/Akpor Local Government Liaison Office

A

abujagirl

On Wednesday, dynamites were thrown at the Obio-Akpor Local Government Area liaison office in Port Harcourt, River State. Invaders believed to be former militants also carted away huge sum of money, official documents and other valuable property in the duplex being used as the Obio/Akpor liaison office.

The Obio-Akpor LG liaison office was opened following the refusal of policemen to vacate the council’s secretariat from April 23, in line with the order of a Federal High Court, Port Harcourt, before Chairman Timothy Nsirim; his Deputy, Solomon Eke; and all the 17 suspended councillors were reinstated on November 25 by the Rivers High Court.

Chikordi Dike,former caretaker Chairman of Obio-Akpor council yesterday raised alarm over plots to eliminate him and the Chief of Staff, Government House, Port Harcourt, Chief Tony Okocha.

Okocha, in a telephone interview said,“Dynamite was thrown into the Obio/Akpor LG Council’s Liaison Office at Rumuola, Port Harcourt this (Wednesday) morning. I invited policemen to my Port Harcourt residence, when I got the report that Timothy Nsirim’s thugs, ex-militants and his supporters were mobilising to invade the house.

upload_2013-12-5_8-45-57.png

Back