Politics Rivers Crisis: If you want Peace Recognise Bipi as Speaker- Anti-Amaechi Lawmakers to Gov. Amaechi

A

abujagirl

Members of the Rivers state House of Assembly opposed to Rivers state Governor Rotimi Amaechi have stated their condition for a political ceasefire. The 5 anti-Amaechi lawmakers want Evans Bipi to be recognized as Speaker of the Rivers state house of Assembly.

Addressing newsmen Bipi said, he and his group will be willing to work with the Rivers state governor, Rotimi Amaechi regardless of his recent defection from the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), to the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC).

“He can be in his APC while I remain in my PDP. Once he recognizes me as the state authentic speaker, all will be well. Once that is done, even the president and his wife will be happy with him, and we can work together in the interest of our state. He must respect constituted authority, Bipi said.

Bipi is claiming that his 5 supporters overruled a majority of 27 to remove the elected speaker, Otelemaba Amachree in July.

images

Attachments

• upload_2013-12-16_9-51-43.png
    upload_2013-12-16_9-51-43.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 16
Back