Politics Rivers Crisis: Our Expulsion is Invalid- Rivers PDP chieftains

A

abujagirl

upload_2013-8-28_1-45-36.png

Functionaries of the state government have dismissed their expulsion from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

On Monday, Felix Obuah Rivers PDP chairman announced the expulsion of 18 members, most of them officials of the state government and a former Deputy national chairman of the party for failing to appear before a performance-assessment panel to defend their stewardship.

According to the Nation, Victor Giadom, Commissioner of works, said only the National Working Committee (NWC) of the PDP could expel public officers.

“They need to go back and understand that the calibre of people they claimed to have expelled from the PDP will enable PDP succeed in this state”.

“The constitution is clear on public officers. It is only the National Executive Council (NEC) of the party that can decide my fate”.

“I will not even believe what they have done. I will sleep well. I will not even remember that they have done anything, because I know it will not see the light of the day”.

“You do not expect something that is opposite the law to survive. Our expulsion will start and end at Aba Road (Rivers PDP secretariat in Port Harcourt)”.

Lasbry Amadi,former member of the House of Representatives, urged President Goodluck Jonathan to quickly intervene in the deepening crisis.

Amadi said: “I look at a lot of things happening in this party (PDP) as arrant nonsense. One can always say that this is an acculturation. Something that you borrow and begin to learn. A culture where things are said, actions are taken, without people thinking about the imminent result”.

“It is a very big surprise. It is something that is completely condemnable. The PDP had a serious issue bigger than this, especially when I was in the National Assembly. What I am seeing today is completely different”.

“A situation where this Rivers state continues to give the highest vote to the PDP and today, the party is treating the state in this manner. I do not really know whose interest anybody is serving”.

Counsel to Governor Rotimi Amaechi and the 27 members of the House of Assembly loyal to Amaechi in the on-going political legal battles, Emenike Ebete, dismissed the expulsion as unconstitutional, null and void.

Back