Politics Rivers Election Shootout: Nyesom Wike is a Blatant Liar - APC Candidate Speaks From Hospital

L

LequteMan

APC House of Assembly’s candidate for Ikwerre Constituency in Rivers State, Azubuike Wanjoku, has accused Governor Nyesom Wike of being a liar.

Speaking from his hospital bed, he denied Wike's accusation that he, NIMASA DG, Dakuku Peterside, and other leaders of the party caused the fracas that led to shootings at Ikwerre Local Government Area’s secretariat on Sunday evening.

According to him, Wike ordered his thugs in Ikwerre Local Government Area, led by a top local government official, to shoot him.

“The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) officials can testify to what happened. Those attacked included the Collation Officer, Allwell Egeonu. Many thugs were recruited to kill and I was one of those targeted.

“The story of what happened at the Ikwerre council’s secretariat has set a new record for electoral brigandage in Rivers State, like a tale told in a war movie. They rained bullets on me and some chieftains of the APC. This can only reinforce my belief that God does not fail to protect His people.

“The Chief of Staff to the Governor of Rivers State and the caretaker chairman of Ikwerre Local Government Area, men of the Nigerian Police Force, together with some hired armed thugs rained more than 500 rounds of live ammunition on my bullet-proof vehicle.

“Under our watchful eyes, members of the PDP were making entries into the collation sheets while the EO and some INEC ad hoc workers by stood and watched. We came to resist their rigging machinery: myself and the Director-General of NIMASA (Dr Dakuku Peterside), were attacked by the trigger-happy policemen and hired hoodlums.”

The Nation

Attachments

• gunfight2.jpg
    gunfight2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 19
Back