Politics Rivers Rerun: NYSC Sends Important Message To Participating Corps Members

kemi

Social Member
The Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brig. Gen. Suleiman Kazaure, on Tuesday told corps members serving in Rivers State to be security-conscious during Saturday’s rerun election.

He said, “If there is danger, secure yourself first before any other thing.”

corps members.jpg

The state and national legislative elections held on March 19, 2016 were cancelled in some local government areas of the state due to violence that also led to the death of a corps member.

Sensitising the corps members who had volunteered to participate in the election during a one-day orientation programme on safety at the University of Port Harcourt, Kazaure instructed them to be safety-conscious.

Kazaure, who was represented by the Director of Corps Welfare and Health Services, Mrs. Abosede Okaku, said, “By the grace of God, He will keep all of you not just for the election.”

Earlier, the NYSC State Coordinator, Mrs. Ngozi Nwatarali, had charged the corps members to take the issues raised on the conduct of election seriously.

However, the Rivers State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Mr. Aniedi Ikoiwak, begged the corps members, who had volunteered for the election not to change their mind.

Ikoiwak said, “I thank the corps members who accepted this call. I urge you not to change your mind. Nothing should make you to change your mind to say, yesterday I accepted but today I have changed my mind.”

Back