Ronaldo signs new five-year deal at Madrid

Real Madrid talismanic player,Cristiano Ronaldo has put paid to speculation linking him with a move out of the club,agreeing a new five-year deal that will keep him at the Bernabeu.
After declaring that he was unhappy at Real Madrid last season,the future of Ronaldo came under scrutiny and the Portuguese star stalled on renewing his contract.
Talks about a return to former club Manchester United was mooted,but Madrid was eager to hold on to their star,despite making a world record transfer of £86million for Gareth Bale.
“I’m really happy here,” he said. “I’ll be here five more years. I just want to win trophies for this club.
“I appreciate the fans like me a lot to be here. I’m happy, I want to give my best on the pitch.
Ronaldo with the new contract all but ends future links of a return to Manchester United: “I will be honest with you – everyone knows I was in Manchester for six years. Manchester is in the past.”
“Now my club is Real Madrid. This is my home, my family is here and I’m really happy here.”
“I respect all the clubs who ask about me. But they always know that my decision, that my only goal is to be here and to play at this club until, maybe, the end of my career.”
“The future nobody knows.”

Continue reading...

Back