Politics Sacked Ministers were Nominated by New PDP Chieftains

A

abujagirl

upload_2013-9-14_9-31-47.png

The Kawu Baraje-led factional new Peoples Democratic Party(New PDP),on Friday lamented the sack of some Ministers by President Goodluck Jonathan and alleged that those affected were sympathetic to or nominated by them.

According to THIS DAY LIVE, a statement issued by the New PDP National Publicity Secretary, Chief Eze Chukwuemeka Eze said the sack of the ministers was an act of vendetta since their removal stemmed from their being nominated by members of their party.

Eze said “We are aware that these Ministers had been under surveillance and denied the necessary tools to work with – in short, they were programmed to fail immediately they were indentified with us. Sadly, these innocent Ministers have been sacked while the most corrupt Ministers, whose atrocious activities are well known to Nigerians, are retained".

“The most pitiable case of these sacked ministers is that of our mother, the Minister of Housing, Ms Ama Pepple, whose crime was approaching Mr. President to plead with him, even kneeling down to beg him to forgive Governor. Amaechi for whatever sins he is assumed to have committed against him”, the New PDP claimed.

He assured that “They have nothing to be ashamed of; their fate is in the hands of God and their future is very bright".

The faction appealed to all former Heads of State, Religious Leaders, Royal Fathers, Civil Society Activists and all men of goodwill to intervene before the country was plunged into anarchy.

“This Country belongs to all of us and we can no longer sit and watch an over ambitious cabal intoxicated by power brazenly inflict needless pain on us on a daily basis”.

“We urge our supporters to continue to exercise patience and avoid the temptation to meet force with force so as not to play into the hands of our enemies. We also urge all Nigerians to intensify prayers for God to touch the hearts of our leaders so that these dark days of General Abacha during which people are haunted for expressing their views may be cut short”, the statement added.

Meanwhile more theories have continued to circulate as to the real reasons behind the sack of nine ministers last Wednesday with a minister in attendance who pleaded anonymity saying it was aimed at opening talks with some people from the zones affected.

The Ministers, especially those considered to be performing well on their portfolios, were mostly from states where President Jonathan seemed to be having issues with the PDP leadership.

Is there a registered party called the New PDP? Or is this just a lobby group? Do you have to be a loyal member of the PDP to be a minister? Unfortunately this is politics. If you are not loyal to the leader, good or bad, then it is curtains.

Then again what do I know - I am just a frog.

Is there a registered party called the New PDP? Or is this just a lobby group? Do you have to be a loyal member of the PDP to be a minister? Unfortunately this is politics. If you are not loyal to the leader, good or bad, then it is curtains.

Then again what do I know - I am just a frog.

Did you just crawl out from under a rock? , New PDP is what the new PDP faction calls themselves. Yes, you should be loyal to the ruling political party to be a minister in Nigeria, except you have global recognition like Okonjo-Iweala.

@Jules - seems safer under a rock.
So they are not a political party. It is therefore illegal to open offices using the term PDP which might confuse new members of the old PDP :)

Nomination and appointment for political office is by lobbying.

I assumed it was her position in government in Nigeria that made Madam Okonjo-Iweala globally recognizable. Certainly was not the case before office. There are many MDs, EDs, VPs at the world bank.

@Jules - seems safer under a rock.
So they are not a political party. It is therefore illegal to open offices using the term PDP which might confuse new members of the old PDP :)

Nomination and appointment for political office is by lobbying.

I assumed it was her position in government in Nigeria that made Madam Okonjo-Iweala globally recognizable. Certainly was not the case before office. There are many MDs, EDs, VPs at the world bank.
They are a faction of a political party, hence you can call them a party. Not illegal according to a certain court ruling" maintain the status quo"...the status quo before that ruling was the existence of 2 parallel faction.
Try lobbying and let's see how far you go with that. Her position at the world bank plus strong background got her the job.

Thanks for the education @Jules
Not sure that according to the constitution of a party you could just setup a parallel camp and call it a party. How many members in the new PDP and why can they not vote out the exco of the old PDP.

I would have loved to call a friend on this but you know these lawyers, the clock ticks and they start charging.

Anyway - old or new - all one big alphabet soup of nothingness - PDP, APC, ANPP, CPC, ANC - would add NNPC just to show my ignorance.

Back