• FOR SALE: One bedroom executive flat, Lagos, Nigeria | Get details]

Metro Sad! 25-Year-Old ATBU Student Electrocuted In Bauchi


P

ProfRem

Guest
✅ NEW - car park, swimming pool, 24 hours light/security and more.
A 25-year-old student of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, ATBU, Michael Loya, was reportedly electrocuted to death while trying to spread wet clothes on a naked wire in his compound at Gentle Villa, Gwallameji, Bauchi state on Wednesday.

According to the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, of the State command, DSP Haruna Mohammed, in a contrary statement said Loya was electrocuted while trying to reconnect electricity illegally in his compound.

“Preliminary inquiry revealed that the victim might have been electrocuted while trying to reconnect electricity illegally to his compound,” he said.

Mohammed said the Police patrol team attached to Yelwa Division visited the scene and rushed the victim to the Federal Polytechnic Medical Centre, Bauchi, for treatment.

“Unfortunately, Loya was certified dead on arrival by a medical doctor,” the PPRO added.

“The corpse has however been deposited at ATBU Teaching Hospital mortuary for autopsy,” Mohammed stated.
 

Attachments

  • atbu.jpe
    atbu.jpe
    11.7 KB · Views: 8
Top