Sports Salisu Yusuf Wants Super Eagles Job

Super Eagles interim coach, Salisu Yusuf, has declared himself ready for the national team duties in full time basis, saying "I will not be surprised if I’m given the job."

The former Kano Pillars and Enyimba helped boost Nigeria's position on the June FIFA ranking- moving from the 67th position to occupy 61st position after beating Mali and Luxwmbourg 1-0 and 3-1 respectively in friendly games.

Yusuf said that the experiences he has gathered while assisting former Eagles gaffers in the last three years will give him an edge over any other candidate considered for the job, adding that he knows the players more than anyone at the moment.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian FA are expected to name a coach that will tinker the affairs of the team for the 2018 world cup qualifiers in Russia, after the three-time African champions are set to miss the second consecutive Afcon finals- this time in Gabon next year January.

"I can take responsibility at this level," said the former El Kanemi and Ranchers Bees midfielder, who said he was grateful to the NFF for giving him the opportunity to lead the country’s team for the first time.

"I have been working as a coach for the past 15 years. I will work a lot harder because the responsibility is higher. It will not change my philosophy as a coach."

"I will not be surprised if I’m given the job because I have assisted three coaches (Keshi, Oliseh and Siasia). I know the job and I can do the job."

Yusuf further said one of his priorities as head coach is to work with players who are playing regularly at their clubs whether locally or overseas.

"I will use active players, playing for their clubs regularly, conditioning and match fitness will come from their clubsides. We will only discus tactics and strategy for the four days we are together before a game," he said.

"The quality of the player cannot be compromised and if he is active, he can take responsibility"

"If you are playing for your club, it will be easier for you to play for the national team." Africanfootball

Attachments

• Salisu Yusuf.jpg
    Salisu Yusuf.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 6
Back