Sports Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager

L

LequteMan

Sam Allardyce, has quit his position as England football manager by mutual agreement with the Football Association after one match and 67 days in charge.

His resignation follows a newspaper investigation claiming he offered advice on how to “get around” rules on player transfers.

Allardyce, 61, is also alleged to have used his role to negotiate a deal worth £400,000 to represent a Far East firm.

According to a statement from the FA, Allardyce’s conduct “was inappropriate” and Gareth Southgate will take temporary charge.

“He accepts he made a significant error of judgement and has apologised,” the FA said.

“This is not a decision that was taken lightly but the FA’s priority is to protect the wider interests of the game and maintain the highest standards of conduct in football.

“The manager of the England men’s senior team is a position which must demonstrate strong leadership and show respect for the integrity of the game at all times.”

Attachments

• Sam-Allardyce-300x169.jpg
    Sam-Allardyce-300x169.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 33
Quite correct, Mr. Lequte; but every acts always have a motive: some might be intentional, and some unintentional. But i know there's always reward be it or not.

I get your point sir.

However, I think (and many will agree with me) that Sam Allardyce's act, intentional or not, has caused him his job, and he should've known better.

For example...

As the CEO of a company (good man, upright and moral) , you might give out a little information to 'friends' which they might use to their benefit on the stock exchange. An investigation in the future might be opened in the matter, and you might be indicted you for inside trading, which in some countries is a grave offence.

Sam might've been 'trying to help' but he should've known better.

I get your point sir.

However, I think (and many will agree with me) that Sam Allardyce's act, intentional or not, has caused him his job, and he should've known better.

For example...

As the CEO of a company (good man, upright and moral) , you might give out a little information to 'friends' which they might use to their benefit on the stock exchange. An investigation in the future might be opened in the matter, and you might be indicted you for inside trading, which in some countries is a grave offence.

Sam might've been 'trying to help' but he should've known better.
Very true! I mustn't deny that I don't agree with you; truly, he should have known better. That's why the role of leadership was entrusted to him. Thanks for that! :D

Last edited:
Back