Sports Samson Siasia: I Am Done With Nigeria

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's U23 coach, Samson Siasia, has stated that he will have nothing to do with Nigeria at the moment.

This is the aftermath of the treatment meted out to him and the Olympic team in Brazil, he said.

When asked about his future in an interview published by Vanguard, he said "my next step is that I am done with Nigeria for now."

"You can’t keep going to a place where they don’t appreciate you. It does not worth it. Sometimes it is not about the money but the approach. They seem not to appreciate the sacrifices. I know how much I have sacrificed since the team began camping two years ago.

How can you keep going to people who don’t appreciate you? It does not make sense, so I am done for now. I have to go somewhere else where they will appreciate what I have done and what I can do and pay me the respect that I deserve.

He said he's been coming back to do the dirty jobs of NFF because of his fans.

"I know and that is why I keep coming to do the dirty jobs for them because of my numerous fans out there but I can’t just continue because those fans are not the policy makers. How can you keep toiling for five months without even your salary?

"Nothing has changed in the last two years. It has been from bad to worse, so we must sit down and do something about the structure of Nigerian football and by extension sports in general. It doesn’t worth it to work with the people running sports now in Nigeria. From the Federation to the sports ministry. They don’t have it and will not give what they don’t have. It feels bad.

Attachments

• siasia.jpg
    siasia.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 16
Back