Metro See Photos of Electric Power-bike Made by UNIZIK Students

P

ProfRem

Students of the department of Mechanical Engineering of the Nnamdi Azikwe University, UNIZIK have assembled a power-bike using electrical system instead of the normal internal combustion of an engine, saying the idea of the project is to reduce the dependence on fuel for motorcycles and reduce ozone layer depletion by carbon compounds due to combustion of fuels.

The students, Onyebuchi Chinoso, Paul Ovoke, Chika Paul, Udora Edison and Nwafor Pauling from the department of Electrical Engineering made the electrical motorcycle as part of their requirements to graduate from the department an thtagged.

See pictures of the Electrical motorcycle

unizik3.JPG unizik1.JPG unizik4.jpg unizik2.JPG

Source

Last edited:
I see small flaw in the concept in Nigeria where we do not have electrically powered house appliances :) If he ties a small petrol generator to it, then it becomes a nice Kawasaki or Honda bike :) [USERGROUP=15]@News Hub Team[/USERGROUP]

I see small flaw in the concept in Nigeria where we do not have electrically powered house appliances :) If he ties a small petrol generator to it, then it becomes a nice Kawasaki or Honda bike :) [USERGROUP=15]@News Hub Team[/USERGROUP]
The power situation in Nigeria is not a problem here. I believe (as an engineering graduate) that the technology will have something to do with a combination of turbo and dynamo systems. It will definitely have a battery which will introduce some charges to initiate the drive after which the torque generated by the wheels will in turn generate charges for the battery and increase speed. The cycle will go on and on. That's a good engineering initiative by the Unizik students.

The power situation in Nigeria is not a problem here. I believe (as an engineering graduate) that the technology will have something to do with a combination of turbo and dynamo systems. It will definitely have a battery which will introduce some charges to initiate the drive after which the torque generated by the wheels will in turn generate charges for the battery and increase speed. The cycle will go on and on. That's a good engineering initiative by the Unizik students.

Temitope le prof.

How are you sure? Are you on the team? and where is your own power electric bike?

Temitope le prof.

How are you sure? Are you on the team? and where is your own power electric bike?
I am not sure, I'm only guessing what the make up will be and if verified I may not be far from it. There is no magic in engineering, the principles are the same. With a 5-year training, I should be able to guess what an engineering make-up entails. There is no new thing in engineering, all we do is to connect the dots. About my own power bike,;)... maybe I will do a power jet :)

'combination of turbo and dynamo systems' @Temitope - so where is the starting point sir, where does the initial energy input come from? Maybe you could start by riding down the hill :)

'combination of turbo and dynamo systems' @Temitope - so where is the starting point sir, where does the initial energy input come from? Maybe you could start by riding down the hill :)
I said "It will definitely have a battery which will introduce some charges to initiate the drive". The same principle that operates in Internal Combustion Engine Powered vehicles. The battery initiates the kick which sets the engine in motion. The battery must have enough charges to initiate the drive. As the bike moves I believe, the dynamo system, if that is what they used will sustain the drive and charge the battery. It's a cycle.

I am not sure, I'm only guessing what the make up will be and if verified I may not be far from it. There is no magic in engineering, the principles are the same. With a 5-year training, I should be able to guess what an engineering make-up entails. There is no new thing in engineering, all we do is to connect the dots. About my own power bike,;)... maybe I will do a power jet :)
A battery and a dynamo....to build a good realistic version will probably be very expensive and hard as one'll need some really good and scarce materials....and Nigerians won't buy.

Temitope build us a Keke NAPEP.

Back