Entertainment See Why Idris Elba Will Be the First Black James Bond 007

Williamz

upload_2014-12-21_6-47-1.jpeg

After Sony’s servers were hacked in recent weeks, so many top secrets have been leaked, and the most recent is who will be the new James Bond 007.

“A leaked email from Amy Pascal, chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment’s motion pictures group, apparently states: “Idris should be the next Bond.” Pascal was emailing Elizabeth Cantillon, the former executive vice president of production for Columbia Pictures - which distributes the Bond franchise," according to reports from The Independent, citing the Daily Beast.

The British actor, popular for playing Detective John Luther in BBC One series, and nominated for Golden Globe Awards for Best Actor in a Miniseries or Television Film, is reportedly under consideration as the seventh actor to play the role of James Bond.

Elba had earlier affirmed he would be willing to play James Bond if given the opportunity.

However, the present James Bond, Daniel Craig, who is filming his fourth movie as James Bond, has disclosed his desire to walk away from the Bond franchise.

How would you love to see a black James Bond 007?

Not to be a contrarian, but Daniel Craig has so far made me uninterested in James Bond. :)
Hopefully - and that's if Elba gets the role - my interest will return.
Ah, this comment makes me look like a racist.

Back