Entertainment Selena Gomez : Why the World is Talking About Her

A

abujagirl

Selana Gomez is trending morning because the world is talking about the speech she delivered after winning Favorite Female Artist in the pop/rock genre at the American Music Awards on Sunday night.

gomez.jpeg

Addressing the crowd after receiving her award, Gomez said, ''Thank you guys so much. In 2014, this stage was actually the first time that I was authentically 100 percent honest with all of you. I think it’s safe to say that most of you know a lot of my life, whether I liked it or not, and I had to stop. I had everything and I was absolutely broken inside. I kept it all together enough to where I would never let you down, but I kept it too much together to where I let myself down.

''I don’t want to see your bodies on Instagram. I want to see what’s in here [puts hand over heart]. I’m not trying to get validation, nor do I need it anymore. All I can say from the bottom of my heart is that I’m so grateful that I have the opportunity to be able to share what I love every single day with people that I love. And I have to say thank you so much to my fans because you guys are so damn loyal and I don’t know what I did to deserve you. But if you are broken, you do not have to stay broken. If that’s anything, whether you respect me or not, that’s one thing you should know about me is that I care about people. Thank you so much for this. This is for you.

More than two months ago, Gomez, released a statement about taking a career break to check into a rehab facility just outside of Nashville, Tennessee, to deal with mental health issues.

Back