Politics Senate Changes Nigerian Police Force to Nigerian Police

P

ProfRem

Nigerian Senate on Wednesday changed the name of Nigerian Police Force to Nigerian Police.

This is part of the constituional review process on-going at the eighth national assembly.

87 Senators voted in support for the change of name while 2 Senators voted against and one sustained.

Details later....

Attachments

• poly.jpe
    poly.jpe
    4.8 KB · Views: 28
The change of name must go with change of attitude and behaviour- otherwise the change is useless. Just like the so called change we are experiencing today. Government must properly fund and improve general welfare of the police. Make sure that the right people are recruited.

The change of name must go with change of attitude and behaviour- otherwise the change is useless. Just like the so called change we are experiencing today. Government must properly fund and improve general welfare of the police. Make sure that the right people are recruited.

A solid and valid point here. This is CHANGE must come to pass.

To change the name naija police is not the issues affecting them. As you changed the name, pls remember to change their welfare, I have a brother in the system and I know much about how police buying kits on their own through the penny they earns. They even need wardrobes allowance not our senators, this applicable to all forces not only Nigerian police.

To change the name naija police is not the issues affecting them. As you changed the name, pls remember to change their welfare, I have a brother in the system and I know much about how police buying kits on their own through the penny they earns. They even need wardrobes allowance not our senators, this applicable to all forces not only Nigerian police.

Hope your brother don't collect the 'back pocket cash' :). Just asking for a friend

Sometimes I wonder if our senators consulted well enough before passing some bills, the problem of the police is far more than changing it name. They travel abroad and see policemen over there, and nothing is stopping them to change the functional structure of the Nigeria police. Any one that carry's a gun directly or indirectly uses' force. Nigeria needs a productive, efficient people trusted police.

Back