Politics Senator Adeleke's Nurse Speaks On The Injections That Allegedly Killed Him

P

ProfRem

The nurse who allegedly administered injections on late Senator Isiaka Adeleke, Alfred Aderibigbe, has said that he has been administering injections on the late lawmaker for a long time.

Aderibigbe told the coroner on Thursday, as ordered by Governor Rauf Aregbesola.

Counsel for the nurse, Mr. Lekan Alabi, led him in evidence. Aderibigbe gave his evidence in Yoruba language.

He said he met Adeleke over 20 years ago while working at the State Hospital, Ede, when he treated a girl who was rushed to the facility because of convulsion.

Aderibigbe added, “Whenever he was given prescription and he probably didn’t complete his treatment in Abuja, I would administer the remaining.

Adeleke Senator.JPG

“He had other nurses in Abuja, and some in Lagos.

“I’m his nurse in Ede. I don’t know any of them (other nurses), but I know that whenever he was given injection by those nurses, he would show me in order to know the new area to inject him.

“He was hypertensive and he had gouty arthritis. I was close to him. I used to advise him to rest for him to be okay.

“He stopped smoking for a long time. He drank alcoholic drinks".

There is no two ways about this case again since result has shown that he was killed by overdose of analgen injection which has long been outlawed. Therefore, the nurses should provide record of the medications given to him within the period. They should answer to the senator's death. Thorough investigation should be done on this and the nurses be prosecuted until they say the truth. Better still, they should forget about the case and bury the dead.

Back