Metro Sentenced: 90 Years in Prison for Raping Daughters

Sandra Chiefe

images.jpg
A Nigerian born international award-winning music video producer, Aswad Ayinde, who won an MTV award for directing The Fugees' Killing Me Softly, was sentenced to a 50-year jail term in addition to a previous 40 years imprisonment for raping his daughters. Ayinde, 55, fathered six children with his daughters from the mid-1980s until 2002. He also had nine children with his former wife, Beverly, and another three with two other women in Brooklyn, according to court documents.

The convicted felon was found guilty after agreeing with prosecutors that he repeatedly raped his daughters to create a 'pure' bloodline that would survive doomsday. According to the report, many of the rapes took place in an abandoned funeral home. He even delivered the babies himself in a bid to keep his depraved plot secret.

During the court proceedings, according to northjersey.com, when Ayinde's daughter stood up to speak, the judge ordered him to put down the court papers he was hunched over and face the daughter he had assaulted and raped since she was eight years old, fathering her four children.
"I can't describe how much you hurt me and my sisters," the daughter, now 35, said to her father, who was dressed in a prison jumpsuit with his head bowing down.

The daughter said she forgave her father and hoped at some time he would repent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back