Entertainment "Shame on You!" - Seun Kuti Blasts Reporter Friend Over Buhari Statement

Vunderkind

Social Member
Yesterday, we reported via the Tribune newspaper that the son of late Fela Anikulapokuti said he wouldn't be voting for General Muhammadu Buhari because he denied him a father.

The report, titled "'I Will Never Vote For Buhari, Because He Jailed Fela' - Seun Kuti" quoted Seun as saying: “Buhari denied me the chance of seeing my father in the early stage of my life. He arrested and detained Fela in Kirikiri for the same number of years I was growing up without a father, and even did not allow his family members to see him on a daily basis."

"He eventually jailed my father and I will always remember that. He jailed my innocent father on currency trafficking, but he is claiming to be a saint now."

Seun Kuti on Instagram has allegedly denied saying those things and has said if anything, he is saying Buhari is looking like the best option for Nigeria, which is an indictment on Jonathan's performance in the last four years.

He also expressed disappointment in his reporter friend, Seyi, who apparently published the story.

Below is a screenshot of his outburst:

upload_2015-1-13_11-11-42.png

artistic license taken by the journalist or damage limitation by the artist :)
[USERGROUP=4]@Senior Curators[/USERGROUP]

Back