Politics Shehu Sani Fulfils Campaign Promise, Hosts Lepers, Deaf In N/Assembly

P

ProfRem

Chairman of the Senate Committee on Domestic and Foreign Debt, Shehu Sani (APC, Kaduna Central), yesterday fulfiled one of his campaign promises by hosting lepers, the deaf and other physically challenged persons in his office at the National Assembly.

The physically challenged came all the way from Kaduna to the National Assembly.

A leper, Hassan Lawal, said "This is my first time of entering this place and I think I am the first leper to enter the National Assembly.”

A physically challenged person, Ridwan Mohammed Abdullahi, said their visit was historic.

Shehu Sani.JPG

"Since 1999 when the country embraced civil rule, we have never had an occasion like this where you have physically challenged persons officially allowed to enter the National Assembly. This shows that Senator Sani is a leader of the masses and the poor," he said.

Speaking to them, Sani said he decided to host the physically challenged persons in fulfillment of one of his campaign promises.

"During my campaign in 2015, I promised to bring them to the National Assembly where they voted me to represent them," he said.

Back