Sports Siasia Praises Resilient Dream Team VI

Dream Team VI coach, Samson Siasia has hailed his side's doggedness after successfully defending their 2-1 advantage at Point Noire on Sunday to edge Congo out of the CAF U-23 African championship in November.

The Nigeria's national U-23 team were held to a goalless draw by the Claude Le Roy's men in a keenly contested game, but the Nigerian side progressed eventually.

Junior Ajayi's two goals in the first leg saved Siasia's Blushes after his side failed to find the back of the net in Congo.

Speaking after the game which ended 0-0 in Pointe-Noire, an elated coach Siasia said his boys played to instructions, only that they didn't score goal as he expected them to.

"Playing a match like this is always difficult, but then I knew our best tactics for this game was to go all out and attack, because if they scored a goal against us, we would be out of the race. My boys did what I told them, but then we missed a couple of clear chances that are unpardonable. However, we did the job and we are into the African U-23 finals."

The former Flying Eagles coach disclosed that all he wanted after the game is to give the players is to give the boys some days break to relax before returning to Congo for the All Africa Games in September.

Coach Siasia said he knows his boys will get better after the Games as they will have the opportunity to play more competitive games and by the time they regroup for the African U-23 Championship in Senegal, the team would have become much stronger, ready to pick a ticket for the Rio Olympics. NFF

Siasia.jpg

Back