Sports Sir Alex Ferguson: Dominance of Barcelona, Real Madrid in Europe Coming to an End

L

LequteMan

Former Manchester United Manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, has stated that the dominance of Barcelona, Real Madrid and other Spanish teams in Europe is coming to an end.

"I think success is cyclical," he said in an interview with ESPN FC Boot Room.

"If you think about the 90s, it was AC Milan. In the 70s, Ajax and Bayern Munich. In the 80s; Liverpool. In the 90s; Italy, AC Milan. Then England had a great spell with three teams about six years ago all in the semifinal. We [Man United] were in three finals in four years.

"[Now] the domain is in Spain. There's no question about that. The same question could be asked about why are the German teams, why are Bayern Munich not winning the Champions League? Why are the Italians not winning it? Why are the French not winning it? And why are the English not winning it?

"I think the moment, the cycle is with the Spanish teams. They're the best, and that's why they're winning it. But that will change, that can change. You know, [Cristiano] Ronaldo will get older, [Lionel] Messi will get older. Can they replace these players? And I think the cycle will change."

Attachments

• ferguson.jpg
    ferguson.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 14
Back