Metro South Africans Beat Nigerians Black and Blue, 3 in Critical Condition

L

LequteMan

South Africans have renewed their xenophobic attacks on Nigerians.

Secretary of the Nigeria Union in South Africa, Collin Mgbo, on Tuesday said five Nigerians had been attacked in Polokwane, Limpopo Province of the country. Three of those attacked are in critical conditions in the hospital, he said.

"I received a call that a Nigerian was attacked at Ivy Park in Polokwane on March 15. I got to the scene and saw that the Nigerian was almost dead, his house was looted and burnt”, he said.

Mgbo said another Nigerian was also attacked in the same neighbourhood same day and that while he got to the scene, the mob left the wounded man and descended on him.

“They left the wounded Nigerian and faced me. They destroyed my car and I managed to escape and ran to a police station”, he said.

He said three Nigerians, including the owner of a mechanic’s garage, were attacked at Moledji, near Polokwane .

“Their shops and houses were looted, vandalised and destroyed. The local chapter of the union has reported these attacks to the South African police, Nigerian mission and national secretariat of our union.

“Our national secretariat is on top of the situation. As we speak, three Nigerians in the hospital are in critical condition and I do not know if they will survive because of the severity of the attack”, he said.

Attachments

• xenophobia.jpg
    xenophobia.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 8
Back