Politics Stay away from politics Atiku informs Police chief

Paul

atiku-2.jpg

Reacting to the sealing off of the headquarters of the New Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, and the withdrawal of the police details of some of the leaders of the faction, former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar has advised the Inspector-General of Police, Abubakar Muhammed, to refrain from interfering in the nation’s politics.

According to Daily post, Atiku issued a statement on Tuesday, which read: “While it is embarrassing that the police have yet to give a reason on why they are laying siege to a political party office, the whole world knows these are acts prompted by unscrupulous who do not even have the moral conscience not to involve the police in politics. This goes to the root of the current crisis within the PDP: priorities.

“What does it say to our citizens, who live daily with the fear of violence and kidnappings, that our police priority is raiding a political party office? “I call on the leadership of the Nigeria Police, especially its Inspector General, to steer clear of political entanglements, and immediately vacate our party offices. Our national law enforcement priority must be the safety and security of Nigerians, not politics.”

Maintaining that there was no justification for the recent actions of the police, he said, “a politically partisan Police Force sets a dangerous precedent, as they will be entrusted to supervise free and fair elections in the future.”

Atiku, however, said that the IGP has marred the sincerity of his much publicized police reforms.

I have to agree with Atiku on this issue. Powers-that-be should stop using national agencies in their political battles.

Police IG should not meddle in affairs that'll tarnish the reputation he is still building. It is not worth it at all

The Police is supposed to be neutral on the matter as she will be overseeing elections in the future. Taking sides now will affect future credibility and trust.

The Police is supposed to be neutral on the matter as she will be overseeing elections in the future. Taking sides now will affect future credibility and trust.

I think I finally get it!!

The Powers-that-be are not even interested in a credible election.

The Nigerian police are at their all time low in trust and morals. I guess they just figured they can't get any lower and use the opportunity to dance to the tune of whoever plays the piper

Back