Sports Stephen Keshi's removal was a shock to me- Enyeama

Super Eagles and Lille FC of France goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama, has expressed shock at the sudden removal of Stephen Keshi as head coach of the national team.

Enyeama said that Keshi wasn't just a coach to them, but also a father, adding that the team will miss him.

"It is sad that he is not with us. He played the role of not just the coach but a father figure to us in the team and we will miss him for that. The decision I will say rests with the FA (the Nigeria Football Federation). I believe they know what they are doing and they took the decision best to them. I am in no position to make decisions, and there is nothing I can do," Enyeama said.

On the appointment of Shuaibu Amodu to take charge of the two games against South Africa and Congo in the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations, Enyeama said he is ready to work with the caretaker manager of the Super Eagles.

"Whoever is brought in whether Shuaibu Amodu or Siasia I am ready to work with them. I have worked with Amodu before in the national team, which is nothing new. So I am always ready to work with anyone we get as a coach," he added.

keshi-team1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back