Sports Sturridge in talks with Liverpool for an improved contract- Brendan Rodgers

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has revealed that they are in talks with Daniel Sturridge about signing a new contract with the club.

Sturridge joined Liverpool in the summer of 2013 and has able to find the net 37 times in just 52 appearances for the Kopites.

"There are talks ongoing with Daniel Sturridge's representatives," Rodgers said. "[But] there's no more news other than that."

Sturridge has not featured for Liverpool since he sustained an injury while on internati0nal duty with The Three Lions last month.

Rodgers criticised how England's technical crew handled the matter,canvassing for the player to be left out of the forthcoming games against San Marino and Estonia.

"I get on with Roy and spoke with him," he added. "The communication has been good. We agreed it was probably too soon for Daniel Sturridge to meet up with England.

"There is no issue with England. I don't think the same thing will happen again. My focus is on getting Sturridge fit for Liverpool. He has been out for nearly four weeks with a grade one strain."

rsz_sturridge.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back