Sports Suarez considering taking Liverpool to court

• Thread starter Chris Maduewesi
  • Start date
C

Chris Maduewesi

According to BBC Sport,wantaway Liverpool striker,Luis Suarez,could be considering the option of taking legal actions in other to force a move out of Anfield.
The future of Suarez,has been the subject of intense speculation,after the Uruguayan player stated his desire to leave Liverpool.
Real Madrid and recently Arsenal have shown keen interest on signing Suarez,with Arsene Wenger on Friday,openly declaring his interest in signing him.
“We want to [sign Suarez] if it is feasible in an amicable way,” said Wenger.
“We will respect what Liverpool want to do. I don’t want to speak about Suarez, because that is between Liverpool and Arsenal,” he said.
“I am a great believer you have to keep as much confidentiality as possible, which is quite difficult in the modern world.”
“But we work very hard, not only on the case you name, but on other different cases. We can still strengthen the squad, there is one month to go. We are at the beginning of August and working very hard to strengthen our squad.”
“I am confident. You look at many teams around us. Nothing has happened until now. At the moment the market hasn’t moved a lot. Apart from Manchester City, nobody has done anything.”
Suarez reportedly sought for a clause,when he signed a new deal last year August,which will enable him to leave Liverpool if they don’t qualify for the Champions League and received a bid in excess of £40m.
Arsenal offered £40m + 1,which Suarez believes activates his buy-out clause,and enables him to speak with the Gunners.
There are reports that Suarez may consider taking his case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport,just like he did in 2007 when he forced his way from Groningen to Ajax in the Dutch Eredivise.
Should Suarez be taking this route?

Continue reading...

Back