Politics 'Sule Lamido Is Somebody I Trust' -President Jonathan

A

abujagirl

President Goodluck Jonathan has dispelled rumours of bad blood between him and the Jigawa Governor, Sule Lamido.

According to PREMIUM TIMES, speaking at an interactive forum in Dutse, the Jigawa state capital after commissioning the Dutse International Airport, President Jonathan said, "Sule Lamido is a man of his word"

"In terms of what people say about frosty relationship, sometimes it is issues of interpretation. I remember reading one book sometimes ago where one philosopher said the disagreement between people is caused by when people use different words to describe different scenario or use different words to describe different thing.

"That will cause primary disagreement which will begin to expand. In some cases where people have problems if you go deeply you discover that it is not really a problem but it becomes a storm when people begin to hear.

"I assessed my governors then on how many scores I got during the primaries because if a governor means well for you, even if he is unable to control the total number of votes during the general elections, in the primaries which are party issues, which the governors have a control of about 70%, the governor controls what happens".

Speaking on the PDP delegate pattern, President Jonathan said, "I always tell our party that until we change our delegate pattern, the governors must dictate what happens. The present delegate we have for all national elections, any governor that is fit to be a governor have control of about 70% whether we like it or not.

"So if you don’t get up to 70% or 60% from a state, you know that that governor no matter what he says is not for you. In the general elections, the governor cannot control all the state. In the two options, Sule Lamido was totally committed. He is not somebody that talks from the two sides of his mouth. That is the good thing about Sule Lamido. He does not deceive himself or deceive you. I used to tell people I don’t have a problem with Sule Lamido.

"Even if there is a problem today, Sule Lamido is somebody I trust. He does not deceive. Let me reassure you that we have no problems; myself and Sule Lamido and definitely I will not have problems with the people of Jigawa state. All we have to do is to strengthen our relation more and more and work together".

#Jigawa #PDP #Lamido #Dutse

lamido n GEJ.png

Back