Sports Super Cup not about me and Guardiola – Mourinho

Ahead of his side’s clash with Bayern Munich in the Eurpoean Super Cup,Chelsea coach,Jose Mourinho has refused to be drawn into the debate that he will be battling Pep Guardiola for wits in the game.
Both coaches have a history that dated back to their time in Spain,when Mourinho was coaching Real Madrid and Guardiola,Barcelona.
With both coaches having now moved on away from Spain,they are set to meet again on Friday,but Mourinho won’t be drawn into who always gets the better of themselves,between him and Guardiola.
When told that his record against Guardiola is only three wins in 15 meetings,Mourinho replied: “Your statistics are very wrong,” he said.
“Go and see what happened when I was with Inter in the Champions League semi-final, the King’s Cup final with Real in Spain, the Super Cup in Spain [2012].
“Maybe you are right and I am wrong but I don’t care. This is not about us, it’s about Chelsea and Bayern.”
“That’s not about me and Pep. It’s about Chelsea and it’s about Bayern Munich,” Mourinho added.
“It’s about a Super Cup where the European champion is playing against the Europa League champion.”
“Pep is not European champion and I’m not Europa League champion,” Mourinho added.
Guardiola on his part,agreed that today’s game is about the players,not him and Mourinho.
“We’re here for the players, not the coaches,” said Guardiola.
“Millions of people around the world will watch the game, not the coaches.”
“I have a great respect for him, but on Friday I will try to win and so will he too.
“He is always very, very good with quick counter attacks. He is a master at that and everybody knows he is an excellent, excellent trainer,” the Spaniard added

Continue reading...

Back