Sports Super Falcons spanked Woodbridge FC 9-0

Nigeri'a Super Falcons spanked Woodbridge FC 9-0 in a test match at Woodbridge Soccer Centre in Toronto, Canada as they continue their preparations for this year FIFA Women's world cup.
Falcnssss.jpg

The Edwin okon-led side had played a goalless draw against the host country, Canada last week, but it appears they have upped their game and ready for the championship which starts next month.

The reigning African champions took an early lead in the 4th minute through Ngozi Okobi and Asisat Oshoala doubled the lead in the 38th minute of the game.

The second half witnessed seven goals as Perpetua Nkwocha opened the floodgates of goals as early as the 5th minute with Ordega scoring a hat-trick and Dike’s brace completing the rout.

Falcons head coach, Edwin Okon said he was much more delighted with his charges style of play than the score line.

"It was a very good game today. Though we won by a massive margin, I was very impressed with the team’s coordination in all departments.

"This does not mean we won’t still correct a few lapses here and there but I can see the team preparing well for the tournament proper.

"I’m glad we scored many goals because we need a strong firepower upfront to achieve our dream which is to lift the trophy of the 2015 Fifa Women’s World Cup. We will continue to work hard until we achieve this,” said former Falconets head coach.

Falcons will observe Sunday as rest day while intense training resumes on Monday. Goal

Falcons match team list:
Whyte Ibubeleye (Christy Ohiaeriaku 45'), Onome Ebi (Sarah Nnodim 45'), Josephine Chukwunonye, Osinachi Ohale (Ugo Njoku 45'), Ngozi Ebere (Blessing Edoho 45'), Evelyn Nwabuoku (Chiwebdu Ihezuo 68'), Onyinyechi Ohadugha (Pepetua Nkwocha 45'), Cecilia Nku (Loveth Ayila 45'), Ngozi Okobi (Esther Sunday 45'), Asisat Oshoala (Francisca Ordega 45'), Desire Oparanozie (Courtney Dike 45')

Back